The Stewardship Council is made up of residents who care about food and about their community. They are people who want to see their community stronger, both by growing healthy relationships and by growing healthy food. Members of the Stewardship Council represent all five Hubs and gather to guide the program to best meet the needs of their communities.
Why do the Hubs have the Stewardship Council?
- To make sure decisions about the program are made by members
- To help keep the program smoothly coordinated between all Hubs
- To connect the local food movement across all areas of the Twin Cities!
- Attending 8-10 meetings per year with the Stewardship Council (made up of representatives of all five Hubs, Gardening Matters, the City of Minneapolis, and our three community-based partners Afro Eco, CAPI, and Waite House).
- Attending any Hub-specific meetings scheduled by their Hub
- In addition, members may choose to help plan Hub-specific events in their neighborhood or help plan Network-wide events
A special thanks to the 2012 Stewardship Council members who helped guide this year's activities. JP, Steve, Bill, Kathy, Rachel, Dean, Claire, Krista, Colin, Angela, Steph, Mike, Faith, Kim, Z., Grace: you all deserve a big round of applause from all Hub members and a big hug from us at Gardening Matters.
Stewardship Council Meeting minutes:
November 22, 2011
No meeting in August
October meeting was logistics planning for Fall Gathering
No meeting in December